Monday, April 13, 2009

All This Technology in the Palm of My Hand? Ooooh Lordy


I did it. I made the switch from ACS to AT&T and it is glorious. I had to switch due to my fastly approaching move to the lower 48. Because, if something goes wrong with my phone (which it most likely will) I want to have a place to talk to a live person and get my business taken care of! So obviously, I needed a national company. Let's make one thing clear. I am not a fan of anything national (aside from stores-- I would die if I could only shop at local stores. I need Nordstrom and Barnes & Noble). I like to keep my money in local banks and my phone service with local companies, etc. I am just a tad territorial. Although, as my friends and family can attest to, I consistently get screwed over by local companies. Seriously, my local bank sees me coming and say "oh great, what went wrong now". I am not joking. They are practically stealing my money without me noticing. So, I guess it is about time I move on.

I have never been a fan of AT&T. But, I really don't have any options if I want to keep my cell number. Um, duh! I am not getting rid of my 907! I have to say, the rates were waaaay better and I get the data package included for as much as I was paying at ACS without the data package (internet). Plus, I figured it would be beneficial for me to have the internet while on my month long road trip.

I always told myself that I did not need internet in the palm of my hand, that it was outrageous and that I would never get an iPhone. Well, I kind of succeeded in sticking to my guns. I bought the LG Vu and it is amazing! I freaking love this phone! It is a touch screen with the internet and everything else you could possibly want or need in a phone. I can watch tv on it. Yeah, I am definitely NOT going to be doing that. That is taking it a little too far. But, best of all I have no roaming charges (I always get brutal fees when I travel), free nights and weekends and roll over minutes (ACS cannot offer me any of this at a reasonable rate, or at all). I know that all of you with AT&T are saying: "Way to join the AT&T train way late." Oh, I am so on this train, you have no idea. I realize I have only been with them for a week, but it has been a great week!

3 comments:

The Knight Family said...

We recently upgraded to the LG Vu too! Love that phone!

David Harper said...

Recommendation: I just got totally screwed by them for International Roaming. Cancelled my service within 6 days because they apparently require 90 days service to roam internationally, which they don't tell you up front. Figure that out before you leave, as you have to fax them some crap to make it work and even at that point it still takes 48 hours to work. Total BS.

Also, as if I didn't already because of work, I despise AT&T. I had to deal with six different people and over an hour of phone time from London. Completely ridiculous. I'm going to write a very scathing blog about them upon my return. They will know my name when I'm done writing it!

Unknown said...

For Alaska though, it's not bad. Has pretty great coverage...