Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Soapdish, Ironman, same thing...


Robert Downey, Jr. is a hot mess! So naturally, I am in love with him. I have actually loved this guy since I was pretty young and think he might have been my first "Hollywood crush" (aside from NKOTB of course). Soapdish may be one of the most ridiculously awesome movies of all time. And RDJ is classic in it! That is when I knew I loved him! It just kept getting better (and worse) from there. A few run ins with the law, rehab (you know, the usual) and he was a real movie star. He has had a string of great films. To name a few of my favorites: Only You (freaking love this movie), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (crazy awesome movie, and pretty much exactly how I expect RDJ to be in real life), Iron Man (holy crap that movie is good), and Wonderboys. He is very talented, and unexpected. I love that he acts like he is on crack half the time (he probably was through most of his career). He is funny, classy, and straight crazy. I know many of you probably just think he is total crazytown, but I think that is what makes him a great actor. He really uses his weirdness to make incredible characters. He is the epitome of a hot mess.

He might be a little metrosexual and carry a manpurse, and occasionally wear his jimmy jams in public, but I still love the guy. I'm glad he has turned his life around and made a comeback to the sober world. I think I will always have a crush on RBJ, he is just way too adorable. Iron Man 2 has started filming. Get excited!!!!

No comments: