Monday, January 17, 2011

B-Star, I Fracking Love You!!


If I ever thought I was nerdy before, this really seals the deal! Balltlestar Gallactica, you rule my world! I have fallen in love with this little gem of science fiction. There are so many amazing things about this show, I don't even know where to start! First of all, this is a Canadian show and, if you did not already know, I LOVE Canada...alot. Second, the special effects are quite amazing, especially considering it is only a t.v. show. Third, there are some hotties with naughty bodies, and let's get real, who doesn't like a man in uniform kicking Cylon ass? Fourth, Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell are spectacular actors and I am obsessed with them! I must give a shout out to my old friend, David Harper, for making me reluctantly start to watch this show on dvd before I moved from Alaska. I watched the first season and loved it, then forgot about it for a year and a half and BAM, my Uncle Walt started watching it and I got hooked...again. We are on Season 3 and it is blowing my franking mind!!

There are a few small, yet awesome, things about this show. I noticed right away that any square or rectangular item (ie. paper, picture frames) no longer have corners. NOTHING has corners!! Are they kidding me?! Also, pretty much the only swear word on the show is "frack". Can you say hilarious ! Walt and I still think it is hilarious, and that is because we are real nerdy... Also, this show has very religious undertones. They pray to Gods, but their enemies (the Cylons) pray to God, it is very interesting watching all of this unfold and them always arguing over what they believe in and what is true. Everything the Cylons are doing is because they believe it is God's will... all very interesting between the humans and Cylons.

In a nut shell...The Cylons (robots) were created by humans, then they turned against their creators and destroyed the human race, all but about 45,000 people. So, Cpt. Adama is leading all of these people through space in search of Earth! Of course they encounter the stupid Cylons all the time and have some kick ass battles. New Cylons are revealed every so often and they are always someone "human" that no one ever thought would be a Cylon. It is nutso!! Basically, you just need to watch this show. Especially if you love Star Trek: The Next Generation as much as I do! So Say We All...

P.S. Did I mention that I am a nerdy nerd?

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Hahah, when Ben went through his B-star faze we use to alawys say frack... and then I got annoyed with it! haha I love you!

Unknown said...

You are SO a nerd. But a trendy one. Is that even possible? No matter. You've started the newest trend right there...