Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just Call Me Susie Homemaker...



Well, I am finally doing it... Domesticating myself! I bought a crock-pot, I've been cooking alot, I have turned into a real homebody, I want to start to sew and re-learn knitting. I am pretty excited about all of these things and I'm feeling really motivated and encouraged:) My family basically thinks I am retarded in the domestic department, and I will admit I kind of am. I am not the best cook in the world, but I think that is only because I don't have that great of an imagination when it comes to cooking, and it is hard to get motivated to cook an involved meal for 1. I will tell you one thing, I am real good at cooking Mexican food:) haha. I am a nacho connoisseur and could eat them every day of my life. Does that count as cooking?!
-
I am not big on baking either, but I can make a mean Zucchini bread. Maybe I should get some tips from my sister Hillary who is a baking maniac and whip up something fantastic! Wow, when I talk about making all of these things, I get a little nervous! But, I am totally up for the challenge and to learn new things and hobbies! Who knows, maybe be I will totally dominate ?! One can dream, right?
-
I need all the encouragement I can get! Here's to becoming a domestic goddess!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you come from a family who are all pretty much great cooks, starting w/ grandma then your mom. I know you can do this. I love Mexican too, you me and Sharlee

Mara said...

Oh Hannah, you can do it, easy as pie! In the past 3- ish years I have grown SO MUCH in the cooking department. I think it's been since I met Matt. It is nice to cook for someone else, but it is also nice to cook WITH someone. We basically are learning to cook together. It's fun, because we are basically on the exact same page.

Except last night, I rocked a potato and blue cheese pie (homemade pie crust!) I am not about to see him do THAT.

AKmamaOf7 said...

Oh, Hannah, you can rock your world in the kitchen if you want to. You're a Lourie after all. I don't like "having" to cook, but today I had a blast in the kitchen and cooked an awesome Indian spread (if I do say so myself). Baking is just as easy, you just have to be willing to wait for the end product.

Sewing is just as much fun to learn when you're mom's not teaching you. (No offence, moms.) But I didn't want to learn 'till I was out on my own. I love making quilts, they are like big, fun, beautiful puzzles.

Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

Just the fact that you want to do these things is awesome. I'm no great cook, but mostly because I don't ever WANT to do it, but am obligated. You know, making sure the kids don't starve to death yadda yadda ;)