Monday, March 7, 2011

I Love You Beautiful Mother Dear...


My mom came to visit me in New York for 10 days the end of Jan./Beg. of Feb. I have not seen her since July and that was waaaay too long! She was only with me in Nyack for a total of 2.5 days, but thankfully, I was able to take some time off of work and go upstate with her for a 4 day weekend with my G-parents:) I enjoyed every minute of our time together and needless to say... I miss her more than I ever thought possible. Oh great, I just started to cry. When I dropped her off at JFK Airport to head back to AK, my heart broke and I sat in my car for 15 minutes literally balling my eyes out. I am surprised I stayed on the road on my way home, I was a basket case.

My mom drove me from my first out-of-state living adventure in Minneapolis to Nyack in September 2009 and she fell in love with Nyack and really liked NYC, which I think was a surprise to both of us. We were not able to spend alot of time in the city this trip, but next time she visits, I have big plans! But, we were still able to do alot and get some much needed mom-daughter time in:) We spent a day in Nyack shopping and walking around to all the boutiques, she met all of my co-workers at the lawfirm and at Nordstrom (and my East-Coast mom, Marion!!), went into the city to see our friend James and his showroom and of course, my mom could not leave without cleaning my apartment! I just adore her!

The most common phrase said when I introduced my mom to people, "You two look so much alike". I'll take it:) My mom is so wonderful. My mom really brings our family together, either with amazing meals, or beegaritas (yum-o!!) and just being an awesome, supportive, kicking ass and taking names Mom/Grandma. I am alot like her, we don't take alot of crap, so you better look out, haha! My mom has always been tough love and that is why I think my sisters and brother and I are so strong and the people we are today.
After my mom I said to myself, "what have I done? Why do I live so far away from my family?!" But I quickly got a grip and remembered that moving to NY was the best decision I ever made and without the support of my mom and the rest of my family, I would not be able to survive here. I LOVE my life in NY! I just wish I had unlimited air miles to go to AK about 5 times a year:( One can dream, right? My mom now says she wants to visit NY a couple times a year to see me and my grandparents and I am TOTALLY ok with that:) Thanks mom, for visiting me in NY and making my life so much better:)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Since she's sort of my mom too (Godmom counts, right?), can I just ditto this whole thing? I totally love your (our, lol) mom! I'm so glad she was able to come visit you and that she's thinking of doing it more often. There is nothing like having your mom around when you live far away to make it feel more like home.

AKmamaOf7 said...

This is so sweet. I love your mom too, she kicked my butt on the phone last night. I love that she tells me to quit doing something but in a super nice, loving way. She's one of very few people that is willing to do that, it's so appreciated.

Unknown said...

Ok, the best part of this whole post is the title. Mom used to always make us say that when we were SOOOO mad at her. Something I now force my children to say when I ask them to do something. Ahhh...passing down all the good stuff.