Sunday, September 18, 2016

Send a note.

What has happened to handwritten letters, cards or love notes. They do still exist, right? I am a real pen to paper kind of lady. I love having a planner, as opposed to using my phone to keep track of everything. Why? Because it seems more real and I find I remember things better if I write them down. Once I type something into my phone, I usually forget it. If I enter an appointment, I, 80% of the time, forget to set an alert for it, so I forget it anyway. I went to the dentist last week and they said, "How do you like to receive your appointment reminders: text, email or phone?" Well, my answer didn't seem to matter since the week prior I received a text, an email AND a phone call. That is all fine, but it was a WEEK prior to my appointment, so I had to still write myself a sticky note and leave it on my computer so I would remember. Nonsense.

Who writes letters anymore? I love sending people cards. I mean, who doesn't love receiving a handwritten card?! Make someones day and send them a card, or a letter, just because. I guarantee you will make their day. And everyone needs their day made now and then. 

Also, instead of just sending a kissy face emoji to your other half, leave them a little note. Nothing crazy. But seriously, that goes a long way. Doing something that seems out of the norm and out of your way in this technological world just seems to mean more to me. Don't get me wrong, I love a good emoji-filled text (so please don't stop sending me those! :) But fill your heart and others with simple pen to paper once in awhile. 

I'm all about making people know they are loved and cared about and you never know what small act could do to make someones life so much better, even if only for a minute. 

No comments: