Monday, June 22, 2009

Tuscany: San Gimignano

Vineyards of Tuscany...Soooooo amazing!!!

San Gimignano was one of my favorite places in Italy. Mainly because it was quaint, beautiful, in Tuscany, and full of red wine. Before I left for Italy, I had decided that I was going to buy a case of wine and ship it back home, no matter how expensive. San Jim Jam was the village for that I went to the first wine shop I saw and asked the old man about shipping wine home. He spoke very little English, but some how we could communicate. He was basically my favorite person on the planet at that point, he was talking to me in Italian, showing me all the different kinds of wines in his shops. Needless to say, I was mesmerized. But, I did not buy any wine from him. So, I moved onto another shop where the man was real cute and he let me taste 5 wines. When I say "taste" I mean pour me a full pour of wine. I was in heaven. I bought 6 bottles to ship home and they just arrived back in AK 2 weeks ago while I was in New York. I am reeeeal excited to open a bottle with my fam when I get home. We spent the evening in San Jim Jam watching all the locals and have a great dinner at the cutest restaurant I have ever seen. We took a train back to Florence to start our grand Florence adventure!!!


Several of the beautiful towers in San Jim Jam.

No comments: