Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tuscany: Siena

Duomo in Siena


We were on our way to Florence when we realized that basically every museum is closed on Mondays, so we needed to figure out something else to do that first day in Florence. So, we decided to go to Tuscany. Helllllll yeah!! I was so freaking excited. I am addicted to red wine. It is my favorite thing on the planet, next to dvr. We arrived in Sienna and I was blown away. It was such a beautiful town with alot of stories to tell. David and I toured the beautiful black and white striped marble duomo and we walked all over town. Siena is the town in the first chase scene in the newest James Bond movie, fyi. You know, the part with the horse race? Yeah, we were there! From Siena we took a bus to San Gimignano, which we could never pronounce, so we just called in San Jim Jam. That was the cutest, most surprising little tuscan village. I instantly fell in love.

No comments: