Sunday, June 21, 2009

Venice, I Am in Love With You!!

Gondola clusterjam under the Rialto Bridge.

I just wrote a freaking fantastic Italy post, and accidentally deleted it. I guess that is what you get with a new laptop and my inability to adapt to a different keyboard. The other day I was writing an email and accidentally deleted it 3 times before I could finally hang on long enough to send it. I'm retarded...
On to Italy. I met my friend Kim in Portland and we made the trek to Italy together. The flights were surprisingly awesome! Minus the fact that Kim had a d-bag sitting behind her who basically told her that she could not lay her seat back all the way because "his legs are too long". Really? Are you going to be that rude on a 9 hour flight were no one is comfortable? I am not really sure why you being too tall is our problem, you probably should have gotten an exit row or first class seat, just saying. I understand that you have real long legs, but...ok, enough ranting.

We made it to Milan and immediately got on a train to Venice to meet up with David. It was a pretty uneventful 2 hour train ride, aside from the two hilarious Italian men sitting across from us. How do I know they were hilarious? Well, the one sitting across from me (and I mean knee to knee sitting, real awkward sometimes) kept looking up from his newspaper at me, then talking to his friend and laughing. I was amused. We randomly bumped into David at the train station and on we went to explore the magic that was Venice.

St. Marks Square and Basilica were freaking fantastic! The Gondola ride was all I thought it would be. Of course, I bought my first of many Italian leather handbags in Venice. We stayed on Lido, which was a separate island from the main section of Venice. It was fantastic!!! Side note: Salma Hayek got married in Venice the day we were there. And who attended? Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem, my crushes. I really wanted to find a way to crash that wedding, I am pretty sure I could have made it happen, but ran out of time. Next, onto Florence!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That man was a jerk! And he wasn't even that tall, ugh. Well, I'm glad we didn't let him ruin our good time ;)