Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hugh, Fiona, Beck... What a Weekend!

TopFest in Bryant Park

Hugh Jackman on the Black Carpet

What a weekend! Enjoyed the Beautiful Saturday at TropFest which is the world's larget short film festival from Australia brought to New York for the first time and hosted by Aussie hottie, Hugh Jackman Such a beautiful, fun day watching great short films on the grass, with Hugh popping up on the stage every so often and best part, it was a free event! Yes please! I will definitely be going to this next year.




Fiona Apple blowing my mind!


Beck rocking the house!

Sunday was spent at Governors Ball Music Festival on Randall's Island (on the East River between Queens and Manhattan). What a day!! The venue was awesome, food vendors and food trucks all over the place and fabulous music! Starting with the Phantograms - who I had never heard before, but really liked, The Cults- they were fine, Devandra Banhart - LOVE him, Built to Spill - Fabulous!, Explosions in the Sky- they make beautiful music that I love, Cage the Elephant - fun! FIONA APPLE - finally!!! I have always loved her and her performance was everything and more I wanted, seriously so amazing! Modest Mouse - so great and surprising awesome live! Brought back many memories of my cousin Andrea. And finally... BECK! My longtime love finally in front of me singing every classic song I loved and ending the set with "Where It's At" my all time fave!

Such an amazing, fun filled first weekend of summer! Success! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beck looks like Bob Dylan!