Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yes, I watch this show...


I have always liked Jenny McCarthy, ever since she was the host on the 90s Singled Out. It also helps that she and my fave Chelsea Handler are BFFs. She is back at hosting another dating show, but this is more of an "adventure" dating show. Throw 7 guys and 7 ladies into the "wild" of the Dominican Republic and let them loose on wild adventures in hopes of finding their soul mate. The idea is fun because, let's face it, you can really see someones true personality under extreme situations. Some of these people are skankarific but some are alright. Here is the basic gist...the ladies chose their male partner in the first episode and go on some adventure through the jungle and the winning couple gets to stay in the Oasis (beautiful house) and the losers get to stay in the "worst conditions". I thought, ok, they must mean, on the ground, in the woods, under a tree with no tarp or anything and a single blanket. Apparently that is too rough for tv. haha. So, they get to stay under a lean to with sleeping bags and mosquito nets. That sounds pretty ok to me! Maybe that is just the Alaska girl in me. The rest of the singles are either in tents or cabins. Anyway, at the end of every show either the men or women get to stay with their partner or chose a new one. This is my new guilty pleasure of the summer and I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: