Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Karate Was Her Name.

Amy, Lorna and I - Self pics at Beerfest!

Saturday, my buddy (and fellow member of the Crewnit), David, turned the big 2-5!! How did we celebrate? With beer, alley romps, karate, and dance marathons, of course. David, Jason, Amy, Lorna, Jon and I went to the Beer and Barley Wine Festival and, as usual, had a fantastic time! We ran into old friends and of course, I fell in love with the Full Sail rep, no biggie. After Beerfest it was just the Trio (Jason, David, and I), dominating Anchorage, and making people jealous, like we always do.

Graffiti? Let's take ridiculous pictures!

Apparently, we love graffiti and alleys in Anchorage. There was noooo way we were going to walk to Bernies Bungalo (one of my favorite bars downtown) from Sub-Zero (my favorite martini bar downtown) without traveling through our "favorite alley". This alley has served for much hilarity over the past year and a half, mainly due to the fact that we always have to do something ridiculous while in it. Saturday night was no different. Jason was super stoked about the alley, but he didn't know what to do with himself. Until he saw the graffiti. It was on. Of course we could not leave without taking a series of ridiculous pictures with it. How can anyone pass up the opportunity to take awesome pics with graffiti in an alley? It is not possible. Naturally, David and Jason wanted to do karate kicks and jumps down the alley making themselves look tough or something. I think they mainly just wanted awesome pics to laugh at the next day. Mission accomplished.

Free Tommy Bahama shirts? Yahtzee!!

After several karate kicks and ridiculous pictures, we made it to Bernies. This is probably me favorite bar downtown. I LOVE it! They have a huge patio which is always packed in the summer, with awesome furniture, kick ass upstairs bar and bangin' djs. Seriously, the last time I was there, the DJ was reading my mind, no joke. He was dropping the best old school jams and I was belting out every word, I was even surprising myself a lil bit. I was so in love, I had to let them know. I caught them watching me jam to all of their beats a couple times and we did the whole nod and point at eachother across the dance floor while thinking "These beats are killer and we are totally reading eachothers minds right now" look, so when I told them how in love with them I was, it was definitely reciprocated. That is always fun. I will never forget that night. Best DJs on the planet! This Saturday was just as awesome, minus the DJ. We were pretty much the only people upstairs, so we sat at the bar and met our AMAZING bartender who gave us tons of loot! Tommy Bahama shirts for the boys, hats, beanies, flashing bike lights, haha. David and Ja immediately put their new shirts on and did not take them off the rest of the evening. The boys went on a mission and left me at the bar with the bartender. I want her to be my best friend, she was so spectacular. And, her name is Karate, um, hello new friend! That is not her real name, but she said that is what everyone calls her because her real name is super difficult. It was like Karatona or something like that, but I like Karate. The drinks, food, loot, and company were great at Bernies and reminded my once again why I love it so much!

On to the Avenue. It was the most packed I have ever seen it, total crazytown. Jason and I were wearing our flashing bike lights, just in case we lost eachother. Ja and I ended up leaving way earlier than David, only to be awoken by him getting home 4 hours later and telling us ridiculous stories that definitely could have waited until our Snow City pow wow the next morning. I can't get those 20 minutes back, no I cannot. Oh man, what a night. Anchorage, you got owned!