Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Would You Come To Oviedo with Me? Done.

Juan Antonio=hot

In true Anchorage fashion, the Woody Allen film, Vicky Cristina Barcelona was only in theaters for a week. My being constantly slow on the movie uptake, missed it of course. I finally got to watch it last week and can't stop thinking about it. All I can say is, I am in love, with Juan Antonio. This is not a joke.This film was beautifully shot and made me want to go to Spain immediately, if only to find myself a Juan Antonio.

I am obsessed with Woody Allen movies. He is a genius. I think you either hate or love his movies, I definitely LOVE them. The cast consists of Penelope Cruz, ScarJo, and the amazing Javier Bardem. I have been in love with ScarJo (Scarlett Johansson) for quite sometime. Mainly since Lost in Translation, which is one of my favorite movies. She is fantastic. And, she is married to Van Wilder, bonus!! I was never a huge fan of Penelope Cruz. I think her hotness was really overwhelming and honestly, kind of annoying. I never really appreciated her until I saw her with Ben Kinsley in Elegy. Sidenote:I have a big, yet strange, crush on Ben Kinsley. She was fantastic, the movie was fantastic, and I am surprised it was not nominated. ScarJo and Penelope were perfect for this this crazy "love story". ScarJo is magical in Woody Allen films (rent Scoop, it's awesome!!) and I have now come to realize that Penelope can deliver on screen in pretty much any genre. Penelope, I forgive you for dating Tom Cruise, at least you are with Javier now...

Oh Javier Bardem, what to say. Oh lordy. If Woody Allen's sole purpose was to make me and every other woman fall in love with his character, Juan Antonio, he succeeded. Juan Antonio (I better find me a man named Juan Antonio or I will be sorely disappointed in life) is the one man on the planet who has the ability to get any woman to fall in love (or bed) with him just by saying hello, or just looking at them. I have fallen head over heals. His accent is ridiculously hot, his adorable artist outfits are too cute to handle and his "loving" nature is quite entertaining. Strangely, I do not really find him attractive outside of this movie, and he is probably a real d-bag. This movie was fantastic and I will definitely be watching it over and over again.

Also, congrats to the movie! It won Best Picture, Comedy or Musical, at the Golden Globes on Sunday night. I was pleasantly surprised! This was definitely one of my favorite movies of 2008, as well as Slumdog Millionaire, which I will discuss in another post.

Well, I must be going, Juan Antonio and Barcelona are waiting.

1 comment:

Juliana S. said...

I REALLY want to see this movie! But I figured I would wait anyway till it came out for rent.. I dont have anyone to go to the movies with.