Friday, March 27, 2009

Best Costco Find, Ever!

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Um, we are missing one bride and one brother, whoopsie.

I went to Costco last week and found the best, most amazing dvd finds of all time. Well, you will only think so if you are in my family or like old movies. That place was the mecca for $8 old movies, and I was in heaven! I found Houseboat, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Singin' In the Rain, and Rebel Without a Cause. I pretty much went ballistic when I saw 7B for 7B. Seriously? On dvd? Best day of my life. That movie is by far one of my top five favorite musicals. It is pretty much 7 Brothers all running around wearing plaid shirts, chopping wood, dancing at a barn raising, and singing to the ladies they kidnapped, no big deal. Singin' In the Rain and Houseboat? Pump your brakes!! For real, Costco is just messing with me at this point. Cary Grant and Sophia Loren in Houseboat = spectacular. That is definitely one of my all time favorite movies. Sophia Loren is so classic. And Cary Grant, ooooh man, I love that guy! We watched this movie alot growing up. I can not say enough good things about Singin' In the Rain I did not watch it until I was in high school, which was very strange. We watched a TON of old movies, and musical growing up. I have no idea how that was never slid in there. I found my other favorite musical, Meet Me in St. Louis, at Costco several months ago. Sooo freakin fantastic! Apparently, Costco knows what's up in the movie department!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And you KNOW who was the best dancer by far: Frankincense! And the most lovable brother: Gideon! I mean geez, who wouldn't want to be kidnapped by a bunch of plaid-shirt-wearing, muscle-bound, barn-raising, singing and dancing men who can also chop wood like nobody's business?!

The girls? Besides Millie, you can take them or leave them. Especially Dorcas, she's kind of a tease.

How weird is it that we love movies where people dance and sing, but if anyone actually did that in the grocery store we would think they were nutcases?

Rebekah Clausing said...

Ok, Hillary, you definitely have a bias towards a bunch of red-heads, so of coarse you're gonna love these guys! But other than that, I agree with everything else you said. 'Mama named him Frankincense, cuz he smelled so sweet!' For further info on how much our family loves this movie, see Hannah's fb page, under her top 5 movies.
Great find Hannah!

Juliana S. said...

How can you tell what's in its spell? How can you tell unless you've tried it? Wait for that kiss you're certain of. And let your heart decide when you're in love.

Lis Lourie said...

Bless your beautiful hide, wherever you may be! I ain't met you yet, but I'm willing to bet, you're the one for me!! Pretty and trim, but not too thin, beautiful eyes and just the right size...