Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Ready to Beam Me Aboard...

Old School - Helll yeah!

So, I guess I am a trekky, I said it. BUT I am not a nerdy trekky who dresses up or anything like that (even though that could be real entertaining). I just love me a good space show with holograms, attractive crew members, and "beam me up" thingies.

My family loved this show growing up. That was the one show we would all sit down and watch together on Saturday nights. I'm not gonna lie, I had a major crush on Captain Jean Luke Picard and Number 1. Don't even get me started on Jordy Laforge. I used to pretend I was him by putting a banana hair clip over my eyes. Didn't everyone do that?!

The Newbies.

I saw a kick ass preview for the new Star Trek movie at the theater this weekend and I could barely contain myself. This movie looks total crazytown and awesomely spectacular!! I cannot wait to see it!! I am a little nervous that it won't be as good as I am expecting, but with J.J. Abrams directing it, I feel like it has to be glorious! This movie is set to release May 8. I am super stoked that Wolverine and Star Trek come out within a week of each other, right after I get back from Italy and right before I move. Can you say best 3 weeks of my life?

5 comments:

The Knight Family said...

Hannah,
I am glad that you keep up with all the very important entertainment news. Otherwise, I would have never known about a new Star Trek! Could like get any better that that? I don't think so! Good luck to you on your move! Let me know if you are driving by Seattle, Spokane or Portland (not really sure where I will be...)

The Knight Family said...

oops, I meant "could LIFE get any better than that". That makes sense.

Unknown said...

WOOHOO! Ok. I also have to admit I am a nerdy trekkie. My fave was always "Numba 1" and Deanna-OH YES. Remember that romance...ca-razy! Man, I'm starting to sound like you more and more. Yahtzee! But I have to say-is that Simon Pegg (name right?) from Shaun of the Dead I see in the background? If so, I'm pretty stoked.

Set phasers to STUN!

Hannah said...

HAHAHAHA! I die! Hillary, that romance was out of control! I am pretty sure that was the first tv romance I completely fell in love with! Simon Pegg? Hell yeah it is! I love that guy! phasers?!?! I forgot about the best part!! LOVE IT!

Naomi! I am actually going to be in Seattle, Spokane, and Portland, haha. So, I hope to see you in one of those places!

Lis Lourie said...

Umm the new trailer is AMAZING!!! I cannot wait. Between that and Wolverine: Origins it's going to be OOC. I used a headband to pretend I was Jordy. Don't know how a banana clip would work...