Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rachel Getting Married

Awesome cast.


The other night after a long, long last day of trial, I went to Jon's house and we watched Watchmen. I freaking loved it. We will save that for a later post. I was so blasted exhausted I could not even handle it. I had all intentions of going to bed at7 and waking up 24 hours later. Then, Watchmen was 3 hours long and I got a second wind. So, I went home and watched Rachel Getting Married. I LOVED it. It has received mixed reviews, and I was a little unsure what to expect, except for an incredible performance from Anne Hathaway.

Well, Anne blew me away. I have always liked her movies, but not necessarily her as an actress. I really did like her in The Devil Wears Prada (freaking love that movie). Drugs, scandal, death, family dysfunction. This movie was a hot mess, but I found myself really connecting with the characters. Not really sure why. I am not a drug addict and I am really close with my sisters, but whatev. I cried like a baby. I was watching it by myself and that is never a good idea, that just makes it so much easier for me to sob like mad because no one is watching. I am a basket case and basically cry at anything.

Anne's performance was stellar for sure, but so was the ensemble cast. Her father and sister were fantastic! I found myself rooting for Anne's character (Kim) the entire movie and really felt lonely and sad for her. Man, why do movies get to me so much?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay fine, I'll watch it...

Juliana S. said...

I love rachel getting married! and I hated that watchmen was 3 freakin hours!