Thursday, November 6, 2008

Alaska, Warmth and You Do Not Mix

Alaska, you are too damn cold! For real, you should think about warming up about 15 degrees, people might like you more.

I have had it, so I am going to Arizona to visit my cousins Jeremy and Noah and see my friends Matt and Ashley from Alaska. It is Jeremy's birthday on Monday so there is tons o' fun to be had. Our family pretty much dominates at everything, birthday parties being one of them, so I expect nothing less than drinks and food aplenty and much hilarity to ensue. Needless to say, I am stoked for the whole weekend. My cousins rule, so... what else is there to say about that? They rule.

Honestly, I am wicked stoked just to chill in the sun wearing my flip flops while finishing my book Are you there Vodka, It's Me Chelsea (yes, it is a fantastically hilarious book) in the hot Arizona sun. I have really been moving slow as a turtle finishing that book, what is my deal? But, I am bringing some extras to read as well. I think I am going to start Choke or any of the other million books that I am obsessed with buying and let accumulate mounds of dust on my bookshelf. It is an addiction. Don't you worry. This is not going to be a reading marathon vacation, I'm bringing them along just in case, and to read at the airport. I have way better things to do than read when I am in AZ, duh!

On another note, any Roots fans? If not, you should check them out. I have been bumping their beats for a few years now, Amal got me hooked. (Becca and Amal, you know what jam I'm talking about!) They are a fantastic hip-hop group. The good kind of hip-hop. Not the kind that you awkwardly dance to in the club and pretend you don't know the song(secretly, you love that jam!), but the kind that you can actually belt out the lyrics to and admit that you actually like the song. Great beats, lyrics and a fantastic band to boot. Well, the point of that excited rant was to let you know they are rolling into A-town tomorrow, but obviously I will be in AZ. I was super bummed when I found out I would miss them. But wait, ?uestlove from the Roots is doing a DJ set at the Anchor tonight? Hell yeah he is and it is going to blow my mind! First of all, anyone with a ? in their name just rules, period.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I will fill you in on my sunny AZ trip next week!

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I've had it too Hannah and thats why I'm going to Maui in January with NO kids! is it January yet?

Unknown said...

Hollaaaaa

The Knight Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world... it is quite addicting!