Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Baaaack!!!

Well, obviously, I am back in Alaska. All I can say is: Really?

Alaska, do you have to snow right before I get off the plane so that my cute warm weather slip-ons get all wet? Or, make people behave like idiots around the airport, practically driving right up to the door for their traveler who cannot walk 10 extra feet to them, only to block my ass form getting to my ride? Come on! Alaska has no mercy.

Needless to say, Arizona blew my mind! I had so much fun and cannot wait to go back! Mexican food, beautiful weather and scenery, awesome people! Like I said in a previous post, my cousins rule, 'nuf said. I also finally got to meet my cousin Noah's fiance, Jeanine, who is pretty spectacular! (I plan on returning to AZ for their wedding in May). We took a trip to Flagstaff to visit my friends from AK, Ashley and Matt. Oh man, much fun was to be had in Flagstaff. Drinks aplenty. We also indulged in The Wine Loft where you can play board games while drinking wine, all the while looking really sophisticated. Um, can you look sophisticated while playing Life? Maybe Shoots and Ladders, but Life? The evening was fantastic and it was great to see Matt and Ashley!

Jeremy's birthday was on Monday. Him, Noah and I went to a really cool record store where I scored a $5 Bjork cd that I used to jam to all the time in the 90s, yes I said the 90s. If you don't know her, get on it!! She is kind of a kook, but I love her eclectic sound. With the rest of the crew in tow, we ventured to Tempe to a sweet Irish Pub our cousin Nate used to work at. Their mac and cheese was fab. Then it happened, one of the most horrible experiences of my life:The Clubhouse. Not only was it the worst venue on the planet, but the bands most definitely did not rule. We saw 2 bands, Local H and the absolute worst band of all time (I have no reason to store their name in my brain). The lead singer was wearing a cape for the first two songs, uh, yeah, I don't joke about capes. I was so embarrassed to even be listening to them. I'm pretty sure I vomited in my mouth a lil, they were that awful. And, they were hell bent on trying to talk politics/the election before every other song, I wanted to punch them all in the face. Um hi, the election is over, lock it up and sing, or don't. We ended the night on a music disaster that we laughed about the rest of my trip. Jeremy seemed to enjoy his big day, and we all had a really good time just hanging out. I was glad to be there to celebrate with him. It was such a chill, and amazingly fun trip and I loved every minute!

I was sad to leave, and even more sad to be back at work today (on 2 hours of sleep) were it looks like a bomb went off while I was gone. Ugh. Back to my Quarter Life Crisis...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how when I picked you up you were SUPER grumpy and went off about idiot drivers in AK, and then when I said,"Hey, it snowed 6 inches today" You practically bit my head off by saying,"I hate it here". HAHA. But then of course you saw my HiLARios kids and mellowed some.

Really? The bands were that bad? Were you the only one to think so? I thought Jeremy said Local H was decent? Hmmmmmm

Megan said...

You are too funny! :) Love reading your blog. Miss you and love you!

Unknown said...

Detroit Music is the worst. I would have thrown an unopened can of corn at his eyelid if I had one. Electric Six is the WORST BAND EVER. I hope he ends up working for the post office in Alabama.