Friday, November 21, 2008

Before I'm Old and Lazy

There are a few things I would really like to do within the next 5-10 years (most likely sooner). It's not that I think I will be married and have kids by that time, or ever, but I just want to do them before I make up too many more excuses not to.

NASCAR: I am strangely intrigued by the massive redneck crowds and ridiculous amounts of driving in a circle. I have never really watched it, but I think that the experience of watching it live would be unforgettable. I can picture myself getting really into the whole thing. There is no other way, I will have to totally immerse myself. Don't be surprised if I come out of there wearing a Nascar baby doll tee that is obviously too small (cause we all know that is so attractive) and a Nascar visor. Hmm, that should be interesting. I only make myself aware of the important things about Nascar: Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Kasey Kahne, and Carl Edwards. And from the looks of them, I think Nascar and I are going to become great friends. Hot damn! And just so we are clear, I expect to see nothing less than Carl Edwards flailing guns around at the winners podium. That would be the best day of my life. I would most likely marry him on the spot.

Kentucky Derby: I have been to Kentucky twice and it is definitely one of my least favorite places to visit. It was not my cup o' tea at all. Thank God I was with amazing friends both times, otherwise I would not have survived the alcohol free counties and ghost towns. I have never been to a horse race, but I think it would be a blast. To me, the Kentucky Derby screams old time elegance. It looks super classy and I get to wear a crazy ass hat. I love hats! I hear stupid celebrities like Jessica Simpson like to attend. If she is there, I will wrestle her to the ground for three reasons: 1. Wearing that stupid pink Tony Romo jersey, 2. Chicken of the Sea. Really? and 3. There is no way she is stealing my hat thunder! FYI, I want that hat on my head right now, it is sooo me!

NFL Game: I cannot believe that I have never been to an NFL game. With all the traveling I do, it is ridiculous that I have not squeezed one in. I think this will be first on my list to accomplish, and I think I can do it within the next year. The Packers are my number 1 team and I would LOVE to see them play. I would also like to see the Patriots and Steelers, (my #2 and #3 teams). I love me some football... Quarterbacks. Exhibit A, Aaron Rodgers. Packers quarterback and token bad ass. My hero. Thanks for letting him show us what he got, Brett!

Europe: I know everyone dreams of going to Europe, but I am going to do it! I was really hoping to take ridiculous pictures with the Buckingham Palace Guards and try to get them to crack a smile. I would even settle for the stink eye, but apparently they don't mess around. I will most likely get stabbed if I even wink at them. My wish is to be over there for about 3 weeks next summer, but I am not sure I can swing that. I want to see Greece, England, France, Ireland, Scotland and Italy among many other places. But, I would really love to go to Denmark. Ever since I did a school project on Denmark in 6th grade, I have wanted to go there really bad. I want to take it all in. I am pretty certain I will become obsessed with Europe and want to move there.

I think I have a really good chance of seeing all these within the next 2 years, that would be spectacular!! There are many more things I would like to see and do in the next 5-10 years, but I will space them out in my posts. Don't want to get too overloaded here. I know the list will keep building. I can't wait to have pictures of my own to post from these events, but it will be awhile!!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

your a really good writer Hannah. I wish you would use more of your great lingo - "your" words that make you - well you. i.e. Bizounce. Call Bekah and ask if she'll go to Europe with you, she has been there and could show you the good spots - she's become a world traveler! Anyways, thanks for the chuckles and good luck with the Tackle! (Hope someone will teach you some good take down moves before you go).