Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Going to Be an Uphill Battle

"Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that." John McCain, concession speech Nov. 4, 2008

The election is over and what an amazing race it has been. I am so grateful that I could be apart of this amazing process and such a history making election that I will probably never see again in my lifetime. We have been hearing it for so long, "Change" is what this country needs. I do not think change is the right word. I think this country needs to be restored to what we all know it can be, not necessarily changed. Change is not always good. Some things obviously do need to be fixed, and I respect my new President and hope that he can work together with all parties to restore our country. Put that "change" into action. Show us you can do it. No more empty promises, you made it and it is time to show us what you are made of.

I do not care how you voted and do not want to know. That is your right, and an amazing right it is, to vote and have the privacy of that vote. No one can take that away from you. I was so impressed to see how many people voted yesterday. I am a HUGE supporter of voting and I am so glad that the good old US of A was not lazy this time around and got out there and used their Right to Vote. I do not think there is a good reason not to vote. Everyone has a voice, and this is how it can be heard. Even if your candidate did not win last night, you did your part and that is all you can do. I felt such a sense of accomplishment, pride, and happiness after I voted. I don't think I really cared who won at that point, I did my part and it was up to the rest of America to do theirs.

So, we must move on and have faith and respect in our new President. That he can lead out country to greater things and have our best interests, as a country, at heart. This is not about being a Republican or Democrat, selfishness or popularity, it is about the United State of America and restoring it, protecting it and defending our freedom! We have to do our part and we all did it yesterday by voting. Of course, I am a little concerned about the coming years for our country (um, who isn't?), but there is no point in dwelling on it. Live your life, do the best you can, use your rights, and help this country grow!

"There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government can't solve every problem." Obama, acceptance speech Nov. 4, 2008

History was made last night and that is amazing to be apart of! We are in such a scary and exciting time, and God only knows what will happen next, but all I can do is have a little faith in the people of this country and the people I love, that one day, it will all be okay.

As John McCain said in his humbling concession speech last night: "Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, did you do this at work today?? Crazy slacker. LOVE THE BLOG!

David Harper said...

Nice work lady! I agree, McCain's speech was pretty much the bees knees.

I love your writing :-)