Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey DJ Keep Playin That Song

The definition of a fantastic dj: ?uestlove. David and I went to the Buckaroo aka the Buck for Mara's going away shindig. PS, Mara, not so happy you are gone! We then headed to our favorite downtown eatery/lounge/heaven, Crush. If you are unfamiliar, it is a wine bar, and it is fantastic. I have been at least 5 times since they opened this summer and every time I go I am so happy to just be there. Amazing wine, food, service and atmosphere. If you want the best mac and cheese around, Crush has it. And their flights, oh man, the Pino Noir and Malbec are out of this world. Ok, obviously wine and I have a very good relationship.

Now on to the ?uestlove show, also known as the best dance party of all time. David and I got their a little after 10 and Amy met up with us. I also ran into my friend Jed, always fantastic to see him!! ?uestlove came on after an opening dj (who was also spectacular). Who knew a dj could open for a dj, not me. The next 3 and a half hours were dominated by crazy fun dancing. We were as close to the dj table as you could be, without being on top of it. He can spin beats like nobody's business, and good beats, old school beats. He did his thing and it blew my mind. The place went to a new level of crazytown. The crowd seemed pretty random, but totally my kind of gig. I was sad to miss The Roots show on Friday, but glad I got to see ?uestlove do what he do.

I had to be at the airport by at least 6:30 the next morning. I went to bed at 3, woke up at 4:30 for my flight. Needless to say, I slept sound as could be on my journey to Arizona! Seeing ?uestlove was worth the lack of sleep.

1 comment:

Mara said...

hannah ROSS!!! Who knew you had a blog? Uhm, I feel like I am listening to you talk to me in the drive thru at jitters. Yous style of writing is incredibly enjoyable. And that night? At the Anchor? Uh, I have a few pix to share... LOVE you and MISS you like "nobody's business."
mar