Monday, February 16, 2009

Alaska and I are Parting Ways...For Now.

As many of you may already know, I am moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota in May. Yes, as in 3 months from now. I did not take this decision lightly and it was a very had decision to make. My amazing friend, Lacey and her hubbie and my cuz Peter live there, so that will be awesome! I also have some family and family friends about 2 hours away. I know this will be difficult, but I think I at least need to try and get out there and do what I want with my life, with my future. I want to experience living somewhere other than Alaska and want to know that I can make it. I am really stoked about the opportunities and adventure this will bring. My family and friends are completely supportive and that makes it so much easier to leave them all. This just means we are going to have to have vacations together and visit each other, alot!

I am driving out of here on May 16, taking my time, driving through Seattle, Spokane and Santa Cruz to visit friends on the way. I will be stopping in AZ (I realize this is a HUGE detour from MN, but whatever) for my cousin Noah's wedding on May 30 which should be spectacular and a mini family reunion. Then head up to my new home the first week of June. I love road trips, so I am really looking forward to that!

I just told my boss last week that I was moving. That was the hardest part. But, I did it and he was so supportive, I could hardly believe it. Seriously, it is still blowing my mind as to how well he took it. I have been with him for almost 8 years and he has taught my so much, so this is an emotional parting. I grew up at this law firm, it has been my life. I have been blessed. Sure, it has accounted for high-stress and nervous breakdowns, but it has provided me with a lifetime of knowledge and I will be eternally grateful.

I plan on taking the two weeks before I leave to say goodbye to friends/family, take my last few camping trips and do some Alaskan things that I have been wanting to do, but haven't. Of course I am nervous and sad to leave, but, I'm soooo excited!! I am ready for Minnesota, but can it handle me? Let's hope so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is coming out of nowhere, I realize. But I wanted to wish you the very best in your new home, when the time comes. I hope that the education you received in the paralegal studies program at UAA will help you secure your next satisfying workplace. You'll certainly be leaving big shoes to fill at your prior job, as a good paralegal is worth her weight in gold. I was glad to see that your boss was supportive and encouraging when you broke the news.

Safe travels,
PRKelley

The Murray's said...

Oh Hannah, I'm so happy for you! You'll have a blast!
....and you'll be a little closer to me... You'll have to come out for a visit!

Cyppy :)

The Knight Family said...

If you need a place in Seattle to crash... my door is always open!

Naomi

The Labrecque Family said...

Hey if you need any thing while in Minnesota my parents live in New Brighton. You should know them Tim and Chris Johnson. They would love to help out with anything, Also they go to St. George Antiochian church. there number is (651)628-4903