Friday, February 27, 2009

Mambo Italiono!



I am going to Italy!! I am so excited!! Why am I going? Because I want to and I can. It is kind of awesome timing if you think about it. I am moving to MN on May 16, so this is in between transitions, therefore, perfect. My friend Kim (fellow Crewnit member who is now living in Portland) and I are flying over April 24 to meet up with David at the end of his European adventure. We are flying into Milan, traveling around for 10 days, and flying out of Rome. I am beyond excited!!! As long as I get to go to a coastal town (ideally, Cinque Terre), the amazing market in Florence (as per my sister, Kim), a vineyard, see all the statues and architecture I desire (David, Trevi Fountain, you know, the usual), and drink a boat load of wine, I am all good! And, I just bought a new camera and plan on taking about a million pictures, that I am sure will not do Italy justice.

Have you seen Only You? Marisa Tomie, Robert Downey, Jr. & Bonnie Hunt + Italy = Yahtzee! I am in LOVE with this movie and have watched it about a million times. I have always wanted to go to Positano because of this movie. It seems like the most spectacularly beautiful coastal town. But, pretty much everywhere in Italy seems beautiful, so wherever we go, it will be a win win.

Just in case you were wondering; Yes, I am fully prepared that upon my return to the US, I will most likely want to immediately fly back to Italy and live there. I am totally okay with that. I am just still in shock that we are actually going. It is going to be so amazingly gorgeous, I don't even think I can prepare myself for it all. Kim and Josh have been a good Italy source and I am going to continue to rack their brains for the best things to see and do and not do while we are over there. They went to Italy for 3 weeks, 2 years ago and have amazing pictures and stories. I can only hope that this trip to Italy will spark an international travel urge in me, that will change my life forever. Don't be surprised if I go to Europe like about times a year after this trip. I know I am jumping the gun a little, as I have not been to Italy yet, but I know myself. I will completely fall in love with it. Although, I might be sick of wine by the time I get back. Who am I kidding, that will never happen!

2 comments:

Juliana S. said...

I LOVE ONLY YOU!!!

The Murray's said...

OMG, how FUN!!! I LOVE Italy! Be sure to visit Montecatini Terme, in Tuscany - It's a spa town and SO GORGIOUS! You'll fall in love!

Have you ever seen Under the Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane and Sandra Oh? I freakin' love that movie!

Take lots of pics, and let me know how it goes! :) Have fun w/ all those crazy Italians, and make sure you ask to drive the gondola! Heehee; and sing away!