Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Can Breakdance?

Yesterday at lunch, I came home to Hillary playing "My Love" by JT and Lucy breakdancing on the kitchen floor. This is not a joke. That kid is ridiculous! Seriously, she was breakin it down like nobody's business, like she knew what she was doing. We have no idea were she learned to do it, but who cares, it is awesome! Then after work, I came home to them still blasting JT and dancing. But this time, there was breakdancing mixed in with incredible Robot moves from Eleni (5) and Lucy (7) (Nina and Jonas were joining in as well). Now that seriously came out of nowhere. How do they know how to do the Robot? I could not stop laughing and was pretty blown away at their talent. Lucy is a natural at this sort of thing, she is taking ballet and is real good at dancing. She has the sassy style and attitude (sorry Hillary, I know it is my fault!), she is basically my Mini Me. If I am uncertain about an outfit, I usually ask her. Yes, she is almost 7 and I ask her for fashion advise. Hillary has got her hands full with this one. These kids are ridiculously awesome to observe, that is for damn sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK...So before anybody who knows me FREAKS OUT, I am a closet JT lover and dancer. I have to admit it. It's mostly the rockin' beats. So despite constantly fighting the urge to play most likely inappropriate music in front of my kids (as opposed to Dan's reggae? Puh-leez!), I sometimes buckle under the temptation and break it out. Yesterday was that day. However, I cannot take credit(or embarrassment) for the breakdancing. My kids don't really watch the teli, so how in the world did Lu learn how to dance like that? And how did she get that crazy fashion sense, especially from a mom o' four frump-ola? I'm scared to know what her teenage years may bring...

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am dying right now! Is it the wine, or the fact that this post is amazing?!?!!!! I love the "is this a joke?" Oh Hannah, you never cease to amuse me! And I can relate to the 'asking for the under 10 year old for fashion advice' cuz I do the same thing with my 4 year old niece! Does that make us losers, or are they just way cooler for their age than they should be?!?