Monday, February 23, 2009

My Little Gold Friend.


I usually am not too amped to watch the over 3 hours of speeches, but last night was probably the most entertaining and well put together Oscars I have ever seen! Yay Slumdog Millionaire!! I seriously love that movie, sooo much! It was by far one of my favorite films of 2008, if not my No. 1. If you have not seen it, you HAVE to! They dominated the little gold statues last night. Best Motion Picture and Danny Boyle for Director, among several other wins. I was also very excited that Penelope Cruz won Best Supporting Actress for Vicky Cristina Barcelona. She was phenomenal in that film, and deserves all the credit she has received. My two biggest excitements of the evening? Hugh Jackman being the best Oscar host on the planet and my girl-crush, Kate Winslet, winning Best Actress. Are you kidding me? I was so excited for her. The Reader was a great film, unexpected, but great. She is so versatile, I just adore her so much. And Hugh, I am sure I do not need to tell you yet again how in love with him I am. His singing and dancing numbers last night were amazing. He had me at "Good evening and welcome to the Academy Awards" in his Australian accent.

No comments: