Wednesday, December 3, 2008

80s Skiwear? You Betcha!


So here I am sipping a mondo ass glass o' wine with my sister after getting home from work at 11:45p (I can't stop myself, you should see the mountains of paperwork on my desk!!) and realized that we are totally ridiculous. Seriously, some of the things that come out of our mouths are straight retarded. We just spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out the best family Christmas photo to take this year. We are trying to take it this weekend and really don't want to take it on the lake this year, again. Don't get me wrong, we love the lake, but it really washes our skin tone out, real bad, and we have done it for the past 2 or 3 years. We ran through the whole gamut of choices. Here are some examples: all dress up as our favorite superheroes, Star Wars characters (I loved that idea), awesome 80s ski outfits (also loved this one, I LOVE the 80s), climb a mountain and take a scenery shot (yeah right, that is outrageous, seeing as how it is -50 degrees outside), sitting in front of a fireplace (not exciting enough), Musk Ox Farm, Reindeer Farm with someone dressed up as Santa (that is totally not our family, at all, but would be hi-larious!) yada yada. You get what I am throwing at you. Finally, we came up with the best idea! Action shots in a collage picture format!! I don't want to give it away, but guns, tractors and skiis are involved. I really hope this photo comes together, because it is going to be epic!!! I think I might have to sneak in some 80s wear for my photo block, I have to represent!

3 comments:

Juliana S. said...

Being creative is fun! And I love the above picture!!!Good luck with the pictures!

Unknown said...

Can I just say I TOTALLY disagree with you on the 80s wear. EW! Super bright neon early 90s type colors and funky shapes and patterns? Hair side parted and side ponies with fat hair scrunchies? NASTY! I never quite understood the whole 80's fascination. To me it was just one fashion nightmare after another. Looking back at pictures of myself and others I want to cringe. At least no one I knew had a mullet. Wait...did Jason have one??

Love the collage pic idea! Too bad it was shot down by the sober duo of Mom and Kim. Pshaw...they are so practical...

My Three Sons said...

You dont remember the Mullets on the Dittbrenders???? come on! who could forget those! not me. I have pics to prove them....