Monday, December 22, 2008

Step By Step, Ooh Baby...

BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Boy! The 90s rocked it, soooo hard! I love early 90s music. With Milly Vanilli, Boyz II Men, Vanilla Ice, En Vogue, John Secada, New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul, and PM Dawn leading the pack, how could you possibly not agree?

John Secada was the man. Is it wrong that I still love him? Maybe, but do I care? No. I stumbled upon his cd when I moved a couple years ago. I FREAKED out. You bet I popped that bitch in my cd player and sang along at the top of my lungs. God, seriously. L.o.v.e him!

Paula Abdul, where do I begin? She was the ultimate dance/singing queen. I wanted to be her soooo bad. We would push all the furniture to one side of the living room and make up full routines to all of our favorite Paula hits. We were very good at choreography. I am pretty sure she wanted us to be her back up dancers, until she realized how much better than her we were at dancing, she was a diva. Many of my memories are of Paula Abdul dance routines. Oh, flashback, remember that video with the Cheetos Cheetah look alike, hahaha. Love her!

Boyz II Men ruuuuuule. They will always be fantastic. I had the pleasure of seeing them about 4 years ago when they were in Anchorage. I went to the after party and totally danced right next to them, so basically with them. It was hilarious!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was back in time. They looked exactly the same as when I was 10 and acted a fool with the ladies. Hmm, d-bags.

Oh no, here we go, on to the best of the best of 90s music. New Kids on the Block. I think I peed myself, and maybe shed a few tears, when I heard they re-joined and were going on tour. I am really really regretting not seeing them! Damn! I had gotten over it and now I am all upset again. Ugh. They were the ultimate boy band (although, BSB pretty much rules). Putting out a Christmas album? Honestly, genius move boys! Did they really think that just because they are older, I would not fall in love with them all over again? Let's be real here, they are NKOTB, I will always love them. Plus they are hotter now.

PM Dawn is straight fantastic. If you have not heard them, it is not too late. They are sooo awesome!! En Vogue took music to a whole new level for me. I always kind of felt like a rebel listening to them. I am pretty sure my sisters and I jammed to them, constantly. Hold up, wait a minute, I think my sisters and I could have formed a girl dance group, we had that shit down! Girls, pack up the kids, we are goin on tour. Look out America, we are bringin our living room floor to a stage near you, bitches!!

1 comment:

Dani Tolosa said...

Ya so, The NKOTB are coming here to Bossier City in a couple months. I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell out soon so you may want to jump on getting your ticket soon *wink wink*