Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oh, You Want to Rally MY Car? Ok.

Jon, Peter and I. My face is literally about to fall off.

I was all set for a lazy Monday evening after work, cleaning up the tornado that is my room from Christmas present domination. That is, until Peter called me to go rallying. "Jon and I are going to go rally my car, you want to come?" Me: "Um, you mean, you want to rally my car?" Peter: "Yes". So off we went. My car never gets rallied unless Peter is in town. He enjoys it waaaay too much that I can't not let him do it! This time was especially fun because the high school parking lot had not been plowed and there was a constant arc of snow over my car every turn we made. Super fun!! Jon had some freak outs in the back seat, I trust Peter.

Since we were doing so good in the parking lot, we decided to venture to Beach Lake Road. First of all, that road is kind of curvy. We approached the turn in for the parking lot we were going to dominate. Peter starts to turn into the lot and we go spinning, real real fast, directly backwards into a snowbank. The best part about it? As soon as we all knew that we came into the corner too fast, we said nothing to each other (That was the first time Jon was not freaking out in the back seat about hitting something). Then as soon as we hit, Peter grabs my arm and very quietly says "It's going to be okay" then jumps out and starts digging my car out. My car is not even a year old, so I was more concerned with damage to my car than anything else.

Jon, trying not to get his "JT" shoes all snowy, while "helping".

Let me just point something else out. I have a fear. When I am outside in the dark (much like Monday night) I get real freaked out that a moose is going to come up behind me, get up on his hind legs and go tap,tap,tap on my shoulder, then knock me out with his hoof. What?!? I know, I don't understand myself half the time. I wasn't thinking about a killer in the woods, or Sassy, I was thinking about a moose doing something completely ridiculous. Who am I right now, geez! So Monday night, I divulged these fears to Jon and Peter as we were sitting in my car in the snowbank. Needless to say, I am pretty sure they think I am a lunatic and they could not stop laughing at me. It didn't help that I was also really curious to know what moose say to eachother when they walk passed one another. So we were making up scenarios for that as well, of course talking in moose voices. I think the cold got to our heads. Hmm.

After standing around in -11 degree weather, my hands and feet were like popsicles and Peter and Jon were not making progress getting the car unstuck. Jon was not really helping, he just sat in the back seat complaining how cold it was while eating popcorn in his "JT" shoes, as he called them. So, I called Jason and asked him to bring his jeep and a tow rope and pull our ass out of this ditch! So, here comes Jason with snow pants, extra snow gear, tow rope and all ready to use his jeep for something productive and awesome. So, we finally got out, and all was good. Pretty fantastic all around. We got to rally and Jason got to use his jeep for the first tow. Saweet!!! Oh, and Happy New Year's Eve!! Live it Up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one caught my eye...thought it was too funny you ended up on Beach Lake Rd Mon night, that's the night us Parker's were staying at one of the Beach Lake cabins! Oh, and I was talking to Hillary last night about you guys getting socks in your stockings...my mom does that for us every year too, it's a must!

Unknown said...

What is the deal with you, animals (or fictional ones like Sassy-that's right...FICTIONAL), and totally absurd situations? Did mom and dad let you watch a crazy amount of fantasy movies growing up? Labryinth, Never Ending Story, Willow etc? Seriously! What kind of crazy moose would sneak up behind you and "tap, tap, tap" you on the shoulder and then clock you one hard core? Maybe some kind of cartoon one...

Your a nutcase...