Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ross Christmas/Star Wars Domination

The Storm Troopers decided it was a good idea to stop by, instead of Santa. Just joking kiddos, he was Santa's Little Helper!

So, like I have said in pretty much every post, my family rules at pretty much everything. So, of course we totally rule on December 25, aka Ross Christmas Domination.

My nieces are OBSESSED with Star Wars. I think I am the most obsessive person I know, but they mean business and take a close second. They have never seen the movies. No, not even one. But, they know everything you could possibly know about them. The characters, outfits, weapons, you name it. They have SW dictionaries, pillow cases, t-shirts, Storm Trooper helmets. They even asked me to look up the actors who play Anakin and Padme (aka Hayden Christianson and Natalie Portman) just for a visual, they seemed impressed. I'm not gonna lie here, I just used the SW dictionary sitting next to me to look up how to spell Anakin. Yep. Very handy, that book is.

So, it was no surprise when Hill and her fam arrived at my parents house Christmas afternoon, my 8 year old niece, Nina, was wearing a Storm Trooper helmet. Wait, is that what you call those, let me refer to the SW dictionary. Yes, I was correct, a helmet. It was pretty much the funniest think I have ever seen in my life. She walked around like it was always part of her outfit and we should not be surprised to see it. I just about died. Ah, great way to start off the Christmas festivities. Of course we all had to try it on and push all the voice buttons. Made for hilarity and great photo ops!

There she is, our little Storm Trooper!

Before the Storm Troopers arrived, we played a lil yahtzee, got started on our sugar highs, and talked to our grandparents in New York and kick ass cousin, Jeremy, in Arizona! Off to stockings! Stockings have always been our family's favorite part of the Christmas present opening. Seriously, they rule!!! Full socks (everyone is always so stoked to get socks, I love it!) and other fun gifts, they are enough to make me get real excited, real fast! After we all tore through those, it was on to the presents. We all got our dad a pair of snowshoes, since pretty much every pair he had never got returned from borrowing, or we just can't find them (he had like 5 brand new pairs, get a grip people, return what you take, yo!). He was pretty stoked. It is always super fun to watch the kids open their gifts. They are sooo amped to tear through them and get to the next one. At one point, Nina ran across the room and gave me the biggest bear hug of her life because she had just opened my gift, a Star Wars Jedi pillowcase. I thought she was going to hyperventilate she was so amped. Imagine what she will do when she sees the movies!

Family Photo - I realize that Sadie the dog is facing backwards, no need to point that out, mmk?Also, notice all the ladies wearing matching scarves Hill made us, and we got the couch, booya!

In true Ross fashion, we are a little late in taking our Christmas photo (we had been pretty good about getting it done on Thanksgiving in recent years). Much to my disappointment, there are no guns, tractors, or 80s skiwear involved. Can't win 'em all. Sadie is not so photogenic. Try not to get blinded by her reflective Christmas collar. Becca and Amal are our honorary siblings. They are pretty much apart of our family. They didn't get to go home this year, so they celebrated with us, of course, which was great, as usual!

We can't get away from it!

Whenever we are all up at the lake, our parents house is full of people, all the time. Whether it is just our family, or the clusterjam of everyone else we know who lives in the neighborhood. Really. Friday was a shitshow. My friend Steph and her boys came over, Natalie and Bekah, Peter, Kosta, tons of people coming to skate on the lake, it was crazytown, but awesome! We had a massive panini cook off and Steph and I dominated a puzzle for 3 hours, with the help of wine and hot buttered rum, it was glorious. All the fam was gone by Saturday morning and it was just me, my bro Ben, and my parents, in our pjs, all day. I'm not joking. We watched Doc Hollywood, Big Break (golf show) and lounged around. It was the best day, ever.

This years Ross Christmas/Star Wars Domination was so spectacular! I am so thankful to have such a fabulous family that is so close and loves each other like nobody's business. Seriously, thanks family and friends for such a fantastic Christmas and all the fabulous gifts!!! I hope you all had a great holiday as well!!

No comments: