Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Tell a little story Mr. Bones, a funny little story Mr. Bones.
(I'm obsessed with White Christmas, duh!)

The Salvation Army bells are ringing, the Christmas songs are bombarding our radio stations, and angels are earning their wings (I HATE It's a Wonderful Life, fyi!). I love Christmas time. But to me, there is a window of Christmas cheer. You should not be allowed to buy Christmas presents until at least Black Friday and I really don't like putting up Christmas decorations until about 2 weeks before Christmas. If you do it too early, I feel like it really takes away from the whole spirit of Christmas, the whole whirlwind of it all. We just took down fall decorations for craps sake! I bought a couple gifts already this year and have bought alot of new decorations that I am excited to put up. The issue is a tree. I really want a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, pink, blue, or some other random color. How fun would that be? I don't have a lot of living space to put one, so I really need to think this tree business over.

I love Christmas music! My favorite is Harry Connick, Jr.'s first Christmas album. Helloooo Harry! I love him, obvs. Have you heard his voice? Or seen his face? How can you not love that guy. He is the epitome of precious. I could listen to that album all year round, for real. It really gets me in the spirit! I am pretty sure that we listen to it like a million times around Christmas at my mom's house. I need to get that cd in my player, right now!

Another thing my family rules at, watching and loving Christmas movies. Our faves are White Christmas (I am obsessed with it), National Lampoons Christmas, and A Christmas Story (that leg lamp gets me every time!) I cannot handle how awesome White Christmas is. It is probably in my top 10 if not top 5 favorite movies of all time. Bing, Danny, Rosemary? What more could you ask for. Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters... You know you know what I am singing right now.

I love Christmas time. I really need to get my on the ball with my present shopping though. I am so stoked for Christmas at the lake this year, it is going to be a blast! You can bet we will be playing Taboo again, just saying, we love that game! This whole season is such a whirlwind. Before you know it, it's 2009 and what do you have to show for it. Yeah, think about that!

3 comments:

Juliana S. said...

Maybe Mr.Jones will make you a tree like ours;) haha!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with the White Christmas movie top 5. It almost doesn't feel like Thanksgiving unless we watch that flick. Kicks off the Christmas decorating season!

I know this is weird...but I feel like watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers again: "Bllllllllless yore beautiful hide, wherever you may be! We ain't met yet, but I'ma willin' to bet, youuuuurrrre the gal for meeeeeeeee". Great stuff.

And don't even get me started on "Singin' in the Rain". Right now thanks to this awesome blog the kids and I are dancing to the Barn Raising scene in 7 Brides...that Howard Keel. Wait..have you talked about Christmas music do's and don'ts yet?

Hannah said...

hahahahaha! Hill, I totally starting singing that 7B for 7B out loud at work! Singin in the Rain Love Love Love that movie. Damn! now I am going to have to post about my favorite musicals, so many!!