Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good Luck Having Kids

Sassy faces courtesy of Aunt Hannah. I do what I can.
(Eleni, Nina and Lucy)

The other day, my 8 year old niece slipped me a piece of paper. On it read (exactly how she wrote it):

"I dont think youl marry. Good luck on having kids."

My nieces are pretty in tune to what is going on with me. Well, for a 8, 6 and 4 year old. They tell me they want more cousins and another uncle, but I don't give in. They always ask why I don't have a boyfriend, just alot of good guy friends. I tell them the truth. No time, boys are stupid, they ruined my life, but they are cute. This stuff can get confusing when explaining it to kids, ugh.

I think Hill will agree that I pass on a little too much sass. I talk to them as if we were all in high school sitting on the bleachers at a football game, with valley accents, and using ridiculous language like holla, bizzounce, and making up awesome secret handshakes. That is why they love me. Hill is constantly laughing and rolling her eyes at me when I talk to them. Wonder where they get their sass? Right here.

But, if Hillary and Kim's children are any indication of how adorable my kids would be, why wouldn't I have kids, right? Wrong. I don't think the idea of having the cutest Baby Gap models on the planet (you know I would) is reason enough to have children. Or is it? hmm.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you give out too much sass! I thought I was sassy until you moved in with us-WATCH OUT! Not only have my kids waved off and become so accustomed to a wagging finger from you in their direction along with some McSassysass coming out of your mouth, but they delight in the sheer joy of scandalizing people with their outrageous vocabulary acquired from their dear Aunt Hannah.

Oh well. I don't believe in karma as karma, but I do believe in things being cyclical. And oooooooooo I can't WAIT until that day when you are 50 and you finally want ONE kid, and that kids is the most INSANELY SASSY stinker you have ever known. I will laugh. I will laugh while rolling on the floor. I will laugh, while rolling on the floor, and then realize how stupid I look and get up and snicker to myself. Because everyone knows it will be A-MAZING!

Christine said...

When that day comes, call me, because the idea of a 50-something Hillary rolling on the floor for any reason is making me chuckle.

Juliana S. said...

Hannah- This is so funny! And I can see Nina even saying this in person.. wait no I cant she is in her 'shy' stage:) Youl marry dont worry!(not that you are)I mean common on all you need jason to do is introduce you to some of the good looking hockey players on the Labatte Team, then we can both go watch out husbands play.

Amy said...

No husband? No children? Count me in!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I think we have a lot more in common than we realize! I have little nieces/nephews and I mess with their heads by telling them crazy stuff all the time. And Nathan and Natalie are always telling me that they can't wait until I have kids so they can do a little pay back! This post made me laugh out loud so hard! Keep 'em coming!